Tuesday 16 July 2013

Stubborn Labrador - another victory.

For the last few weeks, THIS is what happened for my morning walkies.  If he had fingers we know what he would be doing with them!  This is Custer saying 'if I am not going in the car, I am NOT going'
I told him yesterday I would take these photo's add them to his blog and show everyone just how Silly he is.  As you can see, no way would he move...
This is Custer on the long line whilst I went and sat in the hall.  I could drag him in, but what would be the point of that?  Eventually he would come in himself and I just calmly took off his lead and harness and carried on with my stuff and ignored him...

Guess what?? Today, he came with me to the park!!!! hurray, victory was mine, happy dance to the park and around the house when I got back.  No idea what changed, but we did it - not really any playmates just the one, the dog was fine to play but the owner didnt like it so I had to turn around with Custer, but we did a whole walk round the park and back home, hurray!!!!!!!
I think its still about those choices, he needs to make the choice himself.  Hopefully we will find some friends to play with on the park so he can enjoy it more, still a bit hot though - in time.. when it gets cooler, and the good ol' golf tournament has finished, we can go back to my regular walk all together, cant wait - be great to do just the one walk with them all, be even better when the weather cools down a bit.

4 comments:

  1. Well done Lynda!

    He is learning that you are not just going to do what he wants all the time.

    Shirley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress - your hard work is paying off, and lovely pics of Custer x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, so good to have things improving at last:)

    ReplyDelete