Monday 15 July 2013

Hot Day at Puppy Class

Yes, I know - sorry about the strangely attired woman at the end of the lead - Its a hot day, all I thought of was how to keep the sun off me, not what I would actually look like!  Here is Custer looking like a well behaved boy no?  Well, actually no he was not, he had hurled himself to the floor and refused to move, this is how he stayed for the first 15 minutes.  Then our trainer for the day (who was Nick, as Arthur was away) got out the tennis balls...
Looking good, he is sat up now and all is well... or not! "Next, throw the ball" he says, so I throw the ball and off he goes, to the shaded area with said ball.  As its a gundog class, you do not take the ball from the dog, he has to give it up......... that was a long wait.
After that, Custer did actually manage some lead walking - I wont say heel work as it most certainly was not that.  Then, it was time to practice recall........nobody thought this would be possible, but it seems left with the alternative of me or a stranger Custer did actually prefer me as an option, even 'Daddy' didnt think it would happen, as he had the camera poised for Custer disappearing into the distance, but no.. this was a run back to me!
Last night we took them to our local park, 'Daddy' is practicing taking Custer out without the car, as he now will NOT walk with me in a morning as he wants to get in the car, so we are trying to teach him lead walks are fun too.  I took some great pics of him playing with Jaja, which is a first for them both - sadly was just too amazed to take photo's later on when he played with a very large Chocolate Labrador as bolchy as him, very rough playing but they both had a great time.

Needless to say we have not been out today as yet, I took photo's of Custer laid in the drive refusing to move.. so you will get to see those soon too.
Its off to the park again soon...........

2 comments: