Wednesday 11 September 2013

Bad Blogger

Oh my, nearly a month since my last blog post!! So sorry.  Just have not taken any photo's and hate to blog without, so I just dragged out an old one so the page was not bare.

I would like to say things are better - but then I would be telling lies.  Things have not been better!  But after a rather bad morning walk I bumped into a lady I know from dog club who recognised Custer's behavoir and offered some advice.

We have now started 'clicker training' my new book has only arrived today 'click to calm'.  Meanwhile I have been teaching Custer all about the clicker and yummy treats, also been working on some heel work.  I do have him responding to the clicker, and walking with me really well off the lead (were its quiet).

However, the lunging at dogs is still going on - and he is not too keen on certain people either.

With other dogs he is friendly every time, and only wants to play - I have now found on our morning off lead walkies if I run off he will follow me, so recall is now happening, just wish I could stop him from going in the first place.

I also watched some great video's by kikopup which were fascinating - learning some of her 'catch words' is also helping.

I will try not to leave it a month till my next blog post, and hope to be able to talk progress.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to read this blog, I was a bit worried with you having been quiet about Custer for so long. Sorry things are not progressing too well though. Hopefully things will improve with time. Good luck and please don't wait so long till the next blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops, sorry Margaret - will try do better, but as you know have been away x

    ReplyDelete